September 30, 2010

Everyday Vintage: Pyrex and Popcorn

Besides "my grandmother had a bowl like that," the most most common thing I hear when people come to my house is wonderment that I actually use the items I collect. While my collections do make for great shelf displays and conversation pieces, I don't want them to be mere place keepers. As I start this blog, one of my aims is to share inspiration on how to incorporate the things we love into real life and I have decided to make my first "series" to be one sharing how I {and, in the future, other inspirational people around the big ole' web!} use the things in my life that have history, meaning and significance to brighten up my day to day life. I hope you'll enjoy a little Everyday Vintage...

Today was dark, wet and had the first chill of the season...perfect for cuddling on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn in one of my favorite large Pyrex bowls: Daisy!




Do you use the things you collect everyday? How do you feel about using something that may be special or one of a kind on a routine basis? I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment